HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deep South Hunting Report
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Sweetwater

Default Deep South Hunting Report

I sat in a stand yesterday evening after taking the chainsaw to a load of limbs along a few road beds at the family farm. I sweated like a hard working injun, but I accomplished a great deal.

I sat there & as it got to be late afternoon, I thought, " Man, I am not seeing any elusive whitetails because of this deep Southern heat." So I sat there a piece longer & soon became certain I would not see any sign of that underhanded whitetail deer. Again, I attributed it to the heat I was experiencing.

As I sat a little more, by and by, a thought hit me like a load of bricks. " Sweetwater, what kind of example are you to the web site if you use an excuse like heat to your unsuccessful hunt?" I felt terribly guilty that I DEMANDED RESPECT from each of you & then proceeded to mentally prepare a report that was excusing my unsuccessful to the heat.

I want each of you to know that I do not excuse myself as a result of the heat. I want you to know that I simply was outwitted again. Whether it be I selected the wrong stand, sat for too long or not long enough - whatever - the bottom line is that I was unsuccessful when it came down to harvesting the elusive, Southern whitetail - which is usually much brighter & wiser than whitetails from other regions.

And I would like a few of you to say a few kind words about me as a reply to this post please. I think it will help my confidence for my next visit to the deer woods. So just hit " reply" under this post & say some kind words.

Thanks & I hope a few of you had the chance to hunt yesterday with a few friends/close family b/c that is what it is all about.