HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to never get a serious poison ivy rash again
Old 06-24-2014, 04:28 AM
bioactive
Spike

Default How to never get a serious poison ivy rash again

Deer hunting/habitat and poison ivy (and oak and sumac) go together like peas in a pod.

When I first retired and started doing serious deer habitat work, I ended up in the emergency room several times needing a prednisone series.

I decided I would either figure out how to deal with it or give up habitat work. Using knowledge gained from 25 years as a research scientist studying inflammation in the skin, and lots of internet research, I was able to sort out good information from the nonsense and hype to come up with a program that protected me. It has been a few years since I have had a serious case, even though I work around it regularly. I no longer hesitate to cut a poison ivy vine or branch, because I know how to avoid serious harm.

I made this video to provide the information needed for you to never have a serious poison ivy reaction again.

The approach is almost so simple it seems dumb, but once you understand it and respond accordingly, you will no longer be concerned about being around PI.

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oyoDRHpQK0