HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rampart Range GMU 511
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:52 PM
dan87bh
Banned

If you plan on doing archery then they should be just OTC and you get 59,511,591(fort carson). But if you know a land owner "outside city limits" that'll let you hunt bear on thier property then those new OTC private land only hunts are availible to you for rifle. Seen a bunch of bears where I got a cam set up really close to pikes peak and another cam by Divide with plenty of bears on em including a herd of about 50 elk. Also judging by your screen name you're Army so dont over look Carson either. yea they have stricter rules but they produce some quality animals close to the springs. Hope this helps out or I answered your question. If you plan on hunting close to the springs this year me and my hunting buddy got a couple places lined up for this year in those three areas. Kinda limited to those units this year as the wife and I just had a baby so I dont want to venture out to far away with a new born at home. Were doing some scouting Saturday pm me if you are interested in those areas or want to tag along.