HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Body shooting a gobbler
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 03:37 PM
xOEDragonx
Spike

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
xOEDragon...

I gotta ask ya... How many turkeys have you killed on public land up there in garret co.?

Because I've killed about 30 of em off green ridge and I know for a fact green ridge get pounded way more than savage... So if your talking about your couple of green field private land gobblers save girl friend
None, because I haven't been here long enough to really hunt public land. But I consider this irrelevant, as hunting public or private land wouldn't make the least bit difference in how I go about shooting a turkey, or what I consider ethical. I've killed deer on public land before. I didn't shoot them in the face because I was just so excited to kill a deer. So public land or not, the game is all the same. Animals may not be as pressured on private land obviously, but I still don't consider that justification for ass shooting a bird on public land. Head shots really aren't that hard to strive for, a bird's head is almost always going up when it's on the lookout.

On a second note, I don't appreciate your aggression. Back to my original point, don't ask the question if you're going to cry when you don't like the answers. I've never disagreed with you that body shots just aren't an option. To the contrary, I mentioned they get the job done and I'm fine with the way you obtained your double. It's a personal matter that I'll never body shoot a turkey. So I find it unfortunate you strive to devalue my style of hunting simply because I've been blessed with permission to hunt a piece of private land, treating it as an excuse for methods, and acting like I'm high strung and only head shoot birds because I have so many to pick from and they're so easy to hunt so I can just wait out perfect head shots every time.