HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - is Camo really necessary?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Gunplummer
Typical Buck

I think that the previous posts pretty much covered it. When I was younger, I hunted from the ground with a long or recurve bow. I really did not care care what I wore, as long as it was quiet. Usually a solid green surplus field jacket and what ever pants I had on. The only thing I worried about was my hands and face. When you spot someone in camo, it is always the white that catches the eye first. To this day I still wear brown cotton gloves when rifle hunting, even though I quit smoking years ago. I noticed a HUGE difference with gloves on. The smoke is not a problem, it is the hand movements. I have had deer within 8 feet of me with a steaming cup of coffee on the log and a cigarette in my hand. Wind direction is everything. Blaze orange? I like to use the camo orange. In laurel in the snow it seems to be invisible to deer. I have always thought experienced deer can pick out orange in low light or up against a dark background. UV studies are nonsense. I wash my clothes with regular detergent and always have. Another sales pitch. I did have a pet fox once and he was scared to death of people that walked toward him wearing camo. I don't know what that means, just some food for thought.