HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I want a hunting knife, someone told me to get a Benchmade Adamas
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 PM
TXStr8shot
Spike

Folding blades get crap caught up in it.
Fixed blades are easier to clean.
This blade is HEAVY!!!!!!
Now lets talk about your choice in the Adamas. Those holes will be fun to get blood and guts out of. The link you posted said this person skinned and dressed game (deer) for two months with out having to sharpen it? Really??? D2 steel needs frequent oiling. If the poster cant spell check their review how are they going to keep up on other important things? I call BS. Then if you count their grammar(or lack there of) This whole review sounds sketchy. There is no way those are the pics of the same knife used for cleaning and being given such a torture test on all the massive game taken by the reviewer. Why not?
Now on to the blade design. For me I like a shorter blade with more belly for tasks such as cleaning and skinning game. Plus a separate blade with a skinning hook.

Now for the good. I actually own this blade and love it for its intended roll. EDC. Only EDC. Carries deep in the pocket tip up and can be reversed for southpaws...
Benchmade makes a lot of great blades. But for a hunting knife you can find much better options out there. And cheaper.