HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got #1 taken care of
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:35 AM
turkey harvester
Typical Buck

Default Got #1 taken care of

Finally got on a workable bird Saturday morning. My best friend was with me. We lucked out and just happen to have one gobble 100-120 yards from where we sat down to wait for a gobble. This bird gobbled his head off on the roost and a few times on the ground. Where I hunt there is a group of jakes that will run to every gobbler and whip his yass. Bird was on the ground by 6 am, and working our way. Every time he would spit and drum the jakes would gobble their heads off. I see my gobbler running to the decoy but stops just shy of it and looks towards the jakes, they were coming too. He stood there and spit and drummed for a few minutes looking at the decoy and then at the jakes. He didn't like his odds with 5 bullies so he was thinking about silently exiting stage left. I seen him wing tuck and said no way, let loose with the ole Mossberg and he folded. While he flopped all the jakes came up and proceeded to finish him off and possibly molest him. We watched a good show and then went and caught a bunch of bass and crappie.
Bird weighted 22lbs, had a 9" beard, smaller spurs with a 7/8" and 3/4" spurs. Excellent morning
Attached Images    

Last edited by turkey harvester; 04-28-2014 at 11:38 AM.