HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Blind Question??
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the reply JW.. I am now debating on whether or not I should actually use it.. The whole place they travel in and out of.. Last year I saw a tom there ( that I could not get a shot at ) with 12 hens in tow.. I am hoping to try and figure a way to out smart him this year.. The rock wall is made of boulders that is anywhere fron 4 to 6 feet high. This runs for a little better than a mile in this area. With a few openings and the turkeys roam the dirt road out in front of it.. I will try and find a picture of some of that rock wall and post it for you. Setting up behind the wall and I cannot see over it. The other side of the raod is still pretty much open but it drops down several feet where I can not see anything from there.. So it is hard to figure this one out. Trying to use the rock wall is hard because of noisey brush that runs allong it. This will make it hard to find a spot to watch from or even see over the wall. This section also runs east and west. So trying to get out of the sun will be a hard thing to do. I will try and scout the other side of the road better once I get back into there..

I came across this picture here.. I wish I had a picture of how this rock wall runs the entire length of it.. This was one group of turkeys that was in this area last year..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-26-2014 at 04:05 PM.