HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trophy Vs. Young buck
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
I have a pretty unique situation for me. I have a small spot that I hunt right outside Chicago that I pretty much know for a fact that no one hunts within 4 miles of me because it is the only legal spot to hunt. Heck, the only spot you really can hunt. Here, the people who own this small lot and they're neighbors want me to shoot any deer. Million dollars houses that spend lots of money on flowers to see them eaten by deer. My father who uses a crossbow will take the first buck and any doe that walks by to start the season. They are very over populated. He actually passed a nice 9 pointer this year because he knows its going to be a very nice deer this year. This is the spot I will shoot a small buck if I don't get a good buck by the Sunday of 1st gun season and need a deer for the freezer. Id rather take a doe but any deer that walks by is fair game. When I hunt my main spot in central Illinois, all the small bucks get a pass. I run a lot of trail cameras so I have history with a lot of deer. If I have a couple real good ones, It's almost an obsession trying to figure them out. They have figured most hunters out, I'm trying to be the one the figures him out. I can make 50 mistakes during the season, he just has to make one.
I think its the other way around.

He can make 50 mistakes but you only have to make one.