HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mr Longbeard's Turkey
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Mr. Longbeard
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys thanks for hook in me up... This bird was kinda of a gift... My nephew has 10 acre inside the state forest were I hunt and he lives there so he pretty much has been scouting for me since mar... The last couple day he said this bird has been in a field on his property with two hens almost every day... He showed me the spot and I popped up a ground blind and put out my new avian x decoy and just waited... Sure enough I hear him gobbling about 150 yards from my set up... I opted not to call because I figured I'd call and the hens might not show up... So I just sat back and drank a cup of coffee and waited... By 6:30 hear comes the two hens... They see my decoy and come feeding into my decoy... Well 10 min go by and the gobbler pops out... I made some calls but the gobbler didn't really respond he just feed on into set up and at about 22 yards I put the 870 SM on him with the new Win LB XR #5's and they rocked his world!!! So there it is... Definitely nice Huntin out of a ground blind!!!

Thanks for all the dongrats

Oh and he had a 10" beard and 1" fat pointy spurs