HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My apologies for using "canned hunt".
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 PM
JonMBailey
Spike

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Here's something every hunter must consider: One day they'll be too old,tired or,perhaps, in too much pain to hunt.What do you want your memories to be?
You will only get out of hunting what you put into it. Your best memories will not come by taking the easy road.Pre-conceived ideas are obvious to see in your posts.
Get those ideas out of your head or you will always have a distorted view of hunting and little success.This is meant for your benefit,not to be critical.I'm sure most here would tell you the same thing.
Well, I turned age 50 today. I am not as robust and athletic as I USED TO BE. I would probably need an ATV or jeep to scout and hunt in serious deer hunting wilderness. The idea of still hunting deer on dog drives Southern style is somewhat sedentary and fitting for me. The deer woods in the South are flat and the hounds do most of the work. Here in the central valley in CA, the pheasant and dove fields are pretty much flat and level so upland birding is rather leisurely, like golf.

But there is more to leisure life than hunting alone. I like camping, hiking on flat, level ground, boating and fishing too as well as just spending time out in Mother Nature with a nice pooch or two. Much time out for door will also be spent training a new puppy for bird seasons to come.