HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My apologies for using "canned hunt".
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 PM
JonMBailey
Spike

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Might be a good idea for you to go through cali's hunter education program.Find out what's available,ie,any outdoor programs/(hunting)clinics they have and maximize those.There's also game dept. hunting lands in your area.You might also make connections w/an instructor that could lead to hunting opprotunities.Use the internet and the resources here.Learn to process what you harvest and stay away from the commercializations of hunting.Your money will go farther and your hunting enjoyment will increase.

Exactly, I agree. American hunting traditions have become ever more commercialized over the years. It is seeming more "fake" and "artificial" these days.

Does the modern hunter ever savor the moment by smelling fresh pines or the grass in the field with a friendly pooch and nice checkered gun?
This is even more important to me than filling the game bag. The howling of baying hounds in the woods must be some kind of rush.

I am interested in taking up wing shooting especially because doves, pheasants and ducks are not hard to process: simple breasting for the most part, and there is a lot less physical work involved than deer. I did find a game butcher in Sacramento that will butcher a whole deer, skin and all, for about $100.

Last edited by JonMBailey; 04-17-2014 at 09:28 PM.