HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1100 barrel issues
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 01:53 PM
nysbowhunter
Spike

Default 1100 barrel issues

I recently bought "NEW" Remington 1100 LT20. It was made in 1986 and put away until now. It is a deer gun so after looking everywhere for a 26" rem choke barrel i gave up and ordered one from remington. Heres the problem, The forearm is way too tight on metal to wood fit. i have read everything i can find on the subject (not much). The best i can figure is the back boring or extra steel for the choke tubes may have caused them to make the barrel a little larger in diameter. The barrel fits perfect with no forearm and the action closes perfectly. The new barrel fits the forearm great by themselves. the forearm slides on as it should until the tube slides into the forearm sleeve then things get real tight. i can put the forearm on but do not want to shoot it that way. It also takes two men and a boy to pull it off. but when its on fully the action still works great it has to be a barrel to forearm issue. Has anyone had a similar issue. I can shave a little off the forearm (similar to free floating a rifle barrel) but i do not want to get a sloppy fit with the slug barrel either. I looked far and wide to find this gun in this condition and i am not interested in a synthetic stock. Any Ideas. Thanks Guys.