HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How'd the debate die? CR vs. PF? Why dead?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Although there was some debate (Chevy v ford) at one time in the U.S., I think CRF has stopped being a big selling point since U.S. buyers started basing their buying decisions on claims of target type accuracy.

I have built target rifles with CRF, and have had a few friends that have made the same mistake. CRF actions are very good for big game hunting, but there is a reason you will not be seeing any CRF benchrest rifles.

I don't think U.S. buyers have any reason to care greatly if their general hunting rifle is PF or CRF. I still hear the occasional old hack proclaiming the greatness of CRF and the folly to buy anything else, but I don't think anyone is listening anymore.

I hear more about U.S. v European products now. The current fads are the 9.3x62 cartridge, European branded scopes, Blaser rifles, and scorn for anything made in the U.S. I have heard this garbage in the U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Africa, and surprisingly in the U.S. I think this is the current Ford v Chevy or PF v CRF topic.