HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best 7mm mag and scope to buy
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 03:18 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by oregonhunting
Your input was worthless to me and not what I asked for...
If you think my input was worthless, then you're not only inexperienced, you're foolish as well. I suggest you go back and actually read what I and others have said.

Note, we said go to the dealer and handle as many different types of rifles to see what you like. Here's a newsflash: They don't have to be in 7mm to see if you like the way the make of rifle is designed and how it fits you. Different brands have different triggers, safeties, balance etc... and the only way to know if you like them is to actually pick them up. We have said to decide if you want wood or synthetic. We offered advice that better optics make you a better shot. Some noted that you would be better served to spend less on the gun and more on the practice ammo.

I personally related my experience with the Rem M700 in 7mm and how it has taken over 300 head of big game. Guess that much actual field experience is worthless to you too. How many elk have you shot? I've shot 25 and have been in on the taking of over 100 others. But I guess that is worthless to you too isn't it?

Now, listen very carefully: NOBODY CAN OR SHOULD CHOOSE THE RIFLE FOR YOU. THAT IS AN INDIVIDUAL CHOICE BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS AND PEOPLE ARE BUILT DIFFERENTLY. Many here offered very good advice to you based on decades of hunting experience, but like most youngsters, you really don't want advice you merely want someone else to make the decision for you. Well, I'm not going to do that and I seriously doubt anyone else will either. Get your butt to the gunshop and make your own decision if you want to get a rifle you will enjoy using. What could be simpler?