HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A 65 Grain Hunting Load?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:51 AM
yeoman
Typical Buck

That's good information Oldsmellhound. Given your and others' experiences with the bullet my one and only seems bizarre, and your moving on from lack of penetration saves me having to discover that myself. It's unfortunate as I've put nearly 200 of the 10mm xtp's through that gun on the range out to 200yds. It was the only bullet I could land on an 8" target often enough to stay interested at long range with ramp sights. I never tried the SST due to cost, though the superior BC is obvious, and was concerned the ballistic tip might hinder expansion. Sounds like that may be a plus with this bullet at these velocities.
I've recently added an MK-85 and stainless Wolverine to the line up. Both will be scoped, one set up for whitetail, the other for Sitka. There's still a place for a 200gr bullet in the Sitka gun I guess. Lots of shooting to do before Fall. Next in the lineup are .44 280gr A Frames in the MK. Not cheap either. Oh well. Wow, this really hijacks Semi's post. I may be headed to Moderator Heaven/Hell. Sorry.