HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 2 ButterBall Bandits
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

I like butterball bandits!!!

Ok now to the important stuff....went out yesterday and located several birds. Unfortunately every freakin one was a mile across the propery line on my buddies lease! Lol!! We left and went 10mi up the rd to my land, and actually found some fresh sign! Bad news is it rained 1.5" last night and my place is gonna be out for a while.

Woke up this morning to pouring rain still, loaded up and went anyway! Rain stopped about 7, and I had been set up on a field edge since dray break. At 8:30, I had one lonely, wet, Longbeard ease out of the timber. BOOOOOOM!!!!!! Got one for the books for team 2!!!!
We heard a bird gobble after that and tried until about 1 to get on him, but had no luck. We hadn't realized just how much the water was rising wile trying to strike a bird. When we got back to the 4wheeler we had about 3/4 of a mile to ride back to the truck, and by then the water in the road was rushing and over the exhaust!!!!! Going to be at least a week for water to get out, then hope birds move back in.