HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Mathews Bow is Best
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 05:44 AM
edwardCVAmason
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OhioNovice

Its not really about who the manufacturer is, its about which bow fits you. Go to a shop and shoot as many as you can and ignore the manufacturer label.
This is really good advice. I suggest anyone searching for a new bow that has not tried a new bow in recent years to try as many brands and as many models as you can to find the best fit for you.

All major brands are great and they all shoot well and pretty darn fast. Some people really get caught up on IBO speeds. I get caught up on arrow drop speeds more so because just about any 60lb bow out there has enough energy to drive through a white tail now days.

To get back to the OPs original question the chill r is a sweet bow Much nicer than the Creed in my option because it blows it out of the water in terms of speed.

Bowtech has some really nice offerings. I shot the carbon Knight, Insanity and experience and was blown away by all three of them? It was tough to choose between the Chillr and any of the Bowtechs. They were just that great.

Bear has come a long Way . The fit and finish on their bows still leave a bit to be desired and they seem to be a bit over designed but they sure shoot well. One of the smoothest draws out there. Take a few hours to venture over to www.pigmantv.com and watch a few seasons of his show if you want to find out how well they perform. In season 4 he takes a Bear method out of the box in the Am..bolts on some trophy ridge products to the bow and by the end of the day has two pigs on the ground.

Diamond makes one of the best values in a bow and they are a very good quality bow. Anyone looking to save a few dollars this is the brand to consider. The infident edge is a really awesome Bow for what it is. Not in the same class as some of the bows we mentioned but it's a sweet set up.