HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - guns and whitales
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 07:38 AM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Federal offense if ya do...

The best you can do is buy the supplies for him to reload for you. He can't accept compensation for producing ammunition. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Having someone hand roll them for you would be your best bet for ANY of the 338 rounds, to be honest, but as Big Uncle mentioned, especially so for the 338 A Square ('06).

If you're wanting to play with the big calibers, it really does start paying back to reload for them. You should be able to get into a reloading set up for comfortably under $500 to be WELL equipped. There just aren't that many offerings in bigger cals, and pretty rare to find many of them on the shelf at any given store.
& just HOW is Obammy & his lapdog Holder gonna know? I wouldn't let some trumped up, silly regulation get between my hunting & a bud who reloads! Having an illegal weapon is one thing but paying a trusted bud to reload a box or two ain't nothin to worry about.

Now personally I think a 338WM in a 18" barrel is kinda like pullin 2 spark plugs off the 8cyl in a vette... WHY? If you are wanting a short, quick, hard hitting med bore boltgun then consider a 35 Whelen! The 338WM is a GREAT cartridge but the 18" tube is really just not what that type of cart needs to shine.

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 03-11-2014 at 07:41 AM.