HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - STEALTH CAM
Thread: STEALTH CAM
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 10:09 PM
GBhunter

Default RE: STEALTH CAM

one thing u can do if you have the time to do some scouting or even bowhunting is to look for a place where many well used trails converge or where there is some natural forage. i borrowed my aunt' s trail cam and hope to get one for christmas. they are awesome. i set my aunt' s up where like 6 trails meet and there is some natural forage in about a 20 yard x 30 yard clearing. i got a nice pick of a 10 pointer at 12:30 in the afternoon. then i saw him about a week later. had i not seen the pic of him, i would have soiled myself. one other thing you can do is buy a mineral mix. i got sample pack with like 2 different mixes and put one out in front of the cam and almost every deer had its head down in the mix. it was only a 5 lb bag and i put it out about 4 weeks ago and there are still signs that deer are digging in the area where i had it. one other tactic if you have some time to scout is to find a nice scrape. one that is big, smells bad, has branches chewwed above it, and rubs nearby. this time of the year the rut is usually full on. hope this helps and post some of the pics u get.