HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best state in the north east for hunting?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Outdoor
Fork Horn

I hunt many places on my own both US & Canada. Hunting in PA is OK...more deer, smaller than I like. But no Sunday hunting is crazy so I eliminate it. NY >> I was born there. Daks has some monsters you hunt hard for a week and see one tail. The remote woods puts a whole new meaning on hunting and separates the men from the boys . I gut a deer for a first time hunter in the Daks 192 B&C 12 pt. That will keep anyone going back there. Catskills reminds me of PA only you can Sunday hunt NH>>I live in NH now and you need to "find" the right spot. Again the north woods are remote and very few deer also not as large as NY. Maine >> hunted Maine for years and just have not come across a buck I want to shoot BUT I keep going back. Another place like the Daks...big bucks hard to find. The remote places like the Daks & Maine its all about the weight not the monster rack you get from Canada. If you get a 200 pounder you have done well. The bottom line for me is getting out there. I pass up more bucks than I shoot, that's my choice. Everyone has a different trophy in their mind and they are all equal. Good Luck to all!