HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mossberg 535 patterning problems
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 02:22 AM
Wingbone
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mike52876
thanks for the welcome, the problem is that i have never in my whole trukey hunting career have ever had a shot gun not pattern.... with the stock xx full choke it came with using heavy shot at 30 yards im getting like 20 or less pellets in the kill zone and its pulling all the shot to the extreme left. Ive moved my sights over to compensate to this matter but still only can get that pattern. I bet ive spent over 250.00 on all the shells possible to man to try and fix this. my other option is to use a scope but im trying to go back to the traditional open sights. if indeed this new choke doesnt fix my problem i will either put a scope on it or sell it. currently before I bought this gun ive been using my thompson center ecnore with the shotgun barrel and the pattern is phenominal it currently has a red dot scope. you may ask why then am i fooling with this gun? well its easy when its raining, my scope fogs up hard to see when its raining id really like to have a gun im able to use, plus the pump holds more....my encore is a single shot, ususally only have one shot one kill anyway, just like the odds of having another one just in case. i will deffinatley let you all know how my gun is shooting with this tru glo choke and i will be also getting me a jelly head as well to compare. thanks for all the input....i appreciate it...
An extended after-market choke tube will definitely improve your patterns. The factory tube won't have a long enough forcing cone to adequately affect the shot column. The longer extended tubes have more gradual and tighter forcing cones to really tighten up your pattern. As far as centering your pattern, There are windage adjustable sights available that clamp onto your rib. Also red dot sights.