HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Choice of Mathews Drenalin or Z7.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I upgraded up to the Drenalin, set up, from the Q2, for a even swap with another bow I had no use for thrown in last year. I like how the Mathews bows fit my hand. Money not the issue.
I am now trying to decide if I should go ahead and take this upgrade as well or just stay with what I just obtained and see what else comes along. I am just wanting to hear what others would do or feel if in the same situation.
Since you didn't buy the Drenalin because it was "THE BOW", then reset the game and play again.

If you shoot the Drenalin beside the z7, which feels better? An upgrade to a better model isn't an upgrade if it doesn't feel better/shoot better for you. The F-150 Raptor is a pretty d@mn cool truck and a major upgrade on top of an F-150, but I don't need a dune buggy, I need a farm truck with room for a kid in the backseat. That make sense? Just like my anecdote about the Destroyer 350 vs the Insanity, going Up the model list wasn't an improvement for me.

If both feel about the same, and the z7 won't cost anything (net), then I'd get the higher model, since it'd have the better resale value later on.