HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Russell turkey hunter boots
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:24 PM
SouthernStrut56
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I just looked up how much those are. $477? Come on now, be serious. There's no sense in that at all and anybody who buys those has to know that. Right? That's nothing but a bunch of crooks making leather boots. They're nice and shiny too......perfect for turkey hunting (Rodney Dangerfield eyes rolling). You gonna buy some $500 boots that are all nice and shiny, then go out hunting a riverbottom and walk them through ankle deep mud? Then what? Go home and shine them back up for your next hunt? Or let them stay muddy? Guess what....a $500 pair of mud covered boots is the equivalent to a $100 pair of mud covered boots......only the person wearing the $100 pair is likely a little bit smarter than the other poor guy who is walking around wearing $500 worth of mud covered leather. Makes no sense. I like how they appeal to turkey hunters by simply calling them "Turkey Hunting Boots". Nice marketing strategy. If I was just dying to spend $477, I would just send a blank check for $477 to a random address and be happier. At least I would know that whoever got it would likely put it to better use than I would on some boots that I don't need. Maybe if I was a country singer, I would buy some $1000 gator skin boots or something......but never would I spend that much for some boots that will be covered in mud all the time. Never. Nobody needs these.