HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .243 for hogs
Thread: .243 for hogs
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 06:41 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

2 inches isn't exactly "right near the ear" in my book. Take a minute to look at a ruler and see just how far 2 inches actually is. When it comes to anatomy, it is a huge distance. Bottom line, if your first bullet had been placed properly, then this conversation wouldn't even exist. Poor bullet placement and not poor bullet performance resulted in the other 4 rounds having to be fired. No matter of spin on your part negates that simple fact. Trying to put some blame on Top when you were on the trigger is foolish.

If you think I don't know a thing about bullet placement on game, I invite you to look at the 45+ pics on my profile page. I guarantee you that a .243 bullet in the brain will kill any hog that walks the face of the earth. Biological facts do not stop just because an animal gets over 250 lbs. I didn't personally shoot any hogs that big with my .243 but I did see a buddy of mine dump a huge boar with a single round from my rifle. When that little 100 gr bullet hit that pig it just went FLOP! Bullet placement is the key to quick clean kills. Always has been. Always will be.

Last edited by flags; 02-22-2014 at 06:46 AM.