HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Choice of Mathews Drenalin or Z7.
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
If you had the choice of the Mathews Drenalin and Z7 setting on the table and you can have either for free and it is set up to your specs, which would you take and why? I already have the Drenalin and am looking at a brand new, in box, unfired, Z7 for under $400. Whats your thoughts.
To answer your question, I'll ask this question:

Why did you buy the Drenalin? (God awful name selection, swing and a miss Mathew's Marketing Dept)

Did you buy the Drenalin because you shot a great number of bows and determined that the Drenalin was THE BOW FOR YOU?

Did you buy the Drenalin because it was the "most bow" you could afford?

Did you buy the Drenalin because you found a great deal on it?

Your answer to the question, "Should I upgrade to the z7?" really depends on the answer to "Why did you buy the Drenalin?"

For example: 3 yrs ago, I bought a Bowtech Destroyer 350. Luckily for me, money wasn't an issue (cashed in on some "investments" I had made on a few sets of pistols), so I bought it because I shot a great number of bows, and it was THE BOW that felt the best with the power and specs I wanted. It didn't matter that the Insanity was the top of the line bow over the Destroyer and I could get a rebate that made the two the same price, or that I could save money on a Diamond Outlaw, the Destroyer was THE BOW.

Alternatively, I had an opportunity on a GREAT deal to get a yr old Mathews Monster (original Monster) literally for free to me for trading a few free hotel nights for it. Considering I get about 20 nights a year for free, I would have been stupid not to have taken the deal. It's a great bow, really love it, it's longer than my Destroyer (and left handed of course), but it's a great bow. But I promise you this, if I had a chance to trade it straight across for a new Mathews Monster Chill, that sucker would go out the door so fast it'd make thunder behind it.

So that's the difference. The Chill R and the Destroyer 350 have been THE BOWS for me, best feeling bows with the performance and specs I want. The Monster is a great bow at a great deal, but it's not quite THE BOW.