HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbow Practice Target Help
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

I use 3 targets to practice. My bag and "block" type targets just happen to be a "Yellow Jacket" brand, supposedly rated for cross bolts. No particular reason I chose Yelow Jacket other than the local archery shop had a deep mark down after the 2012 season. And I have an older standing deer target. Forget which maker.

The point of impact for both field points and broadheads of my set-up just happen to be essentially identical, so I do probably 90% of my practice on the bag. It has held up as well as can be expected. The "bulls eyes" are all about shot out, but the stuffing stops the bolts fine.

I "tune" my broadheads using the Yellow Jacket block type target. Then I work my poor old deer target over when season gets close. That baby is about shot out. Bolts are easily removed from the Yellow Jacket targets but that is not the case with my deer target. It was an el-cheapo, and some times it is heck extracting the bolts. It is due for replacement.

I figure you can make a decent bag target out of a burlap sack stuffed with rags. But I am too lazy for that!