HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Infinite Edge for a song!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

Default Diamond Infinite Edge for a song!

I must be livin right!

Yesterday I was out knockin around & so I stopped into a store here in my town that sells close outs, cancelled orders, blemished pkgs, closed store inventory etc... TVs, clothes, suitcases, 26" rims... you never know what's gonna show up in there. (It's called Essex Bargain Hunt, everything is dated the day it's put out & the price is reduced 10% every ten days until sold!) So anyway I walk by the electronics counter & I notice they have several kids bows on a rack along with several crossbows in the box. But I also saw what I knew "couldn't be"! I asked an employee over to let me see, "That Diamond bow".

YEP there on the rack was a brand new Diamond Infinite Edge pkg. 5-70#, 13-30", 310fps. The price tag was $219!!! (Usual retail is $350-$400) I looked it over front to back, top to bottom, drew it several times & REALLY inspected it good. It was flawless! My youngest son will be 14 in May & wants to start bow hunting so this is the bow I had decided to get him. The employee looked familiar, got to talking to him & he had run the gun dept at the local Gander Mountain. I was like, "WHAT'S THE DEAL? Why they got this kind of bow in HERE?" He laughed & told me he is amazed himself at what comes in on the trucks weekly. He said he's seen Leupolds, Nikons & other good stuff at times but never knows what's coming. (He said he likewise picks thru "the good stuff" before it hits the floor ) He then said, "Check this out!" and pointed up on a shelf where sat a BNIB Barnett Vengeance crossbow pkg for $539! (& next Wed if its still there itll go down another 10%) If it weren't for the fact that it were a Barnett I'da took that one as well! He said on occasion they've had some Wicked Ridge crossbows in there for rediculously low $. (I have a Ten Point Titan & am looking for a Ten Point/Wicked Ridge for my best bud)

The place has ALOT of crap, is half in "disarray" & alot of the shoppers are stars I'm sure I've seen on Youtubes "People of WalMart" but for steals n deals I'll become a regular. I likewise picked up a NICE Poker set in a steel case for the deer camp that was only $17. I also saw camo Wnchester waterproof, breathable, insulated parkas for $25!

My son gotta decent first bow & my wallet didn't get sucker punched. That doesn't happen often enough these days!
HL
Attached Images