HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top Il. DNR official resigns
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

I personally have no doubts that this guy is another worthless hack put into a position for some kind of political motivation. He certainly wasn't interested in contributing to the goals of the IDNR as much as his own goals like being a bottom of the field tournament angler.

He was also one of three IDNR officials who were investigated last year for what was viewed as excessive fuel reimbursements for using their personal vehicles for "supposed" IDNR business. Personal vehicle use and fuel reimbursements are strongly frowned upon by IDNR but exceptions were made "by the department" for three specific clowns. I wonder why exceptions were made and just exactly who is "the department"? Someone had to sign something because "the department" is made up of people.

Now to the real good parts.

1. He missed so dang many days someone with the IDNR had to know what was going on. I'll bet if you investigate enough you will find some other IDNR member present at a tournament he was fishing when he was "sick". There has to be a real arrogance by both this idiot and the people above/around him in the IDNR to think he could go around in these tournaments and not have his name or possibly picture posted.

2. If he was sick so often how he he be using so much fuel>

3. And if there is a competent investigation it will go right to the receipts he turned in for fuel reimbursements. If he turned in receipts for fuel going to tournaments or for fuel for his boat - uh oh. I would say theft charges could stem from that and should given the financial state of the IDNR.