HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Interesting article on BSA and Hi-Lux Scope
Old 02-06-2014, 10:33 AM
edwardCVAmason
Fork Horn

I have a real problem with this part of his story.

First the gentleman says

"We began preparing for the hunt well in advance, deciding which pieces of equipment to take along and, most importantly, sighting in our muzzleloaders"

Then he states the following

"Jim's CVA Optima rifle was ready to go, as we had just completed our tests on it with the Hi-Lux scope. However, we needed to sight in the CVA Accura with its Nikon Monarch scope. Jim used this scope on his Ibex hunt in 2010 and just recently mounted it on the Accura. After ten rounds with 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 and the 260 gr. Scorpion PT Gold bullets, the elevation adjustments on the scope failed. The elevation knob turned, but nothing happened inside the scope. Talk about bad luck, with less than five days before leaving for Texas and we experience scope failure. "

5 DAYS BEFORE LEAVING FOR TEXAS? "THATS WELL IN ADVANCE"??????

I don't know about you guys but if I am going on a out of state hunt..one that I have planned for weeks/months in advance I am darn sure my equipment is dialed in weeks/months before the hunt.

I read most of the members post on here and the great majority of the regular posters that have their act together have the kits together well in advance to hunting season. With only a bit of fine tuning or zero conformation right before the season. A great deal of the members have back up equipment dialed in ..in the event of a catastropic failure.

So this scope gets pulled off a gun he has not hunted with since 2010 on a Ibex hunt. What sort of conditions was the gun hunted with during that time? How was it transported after the hunt? How was it stored? Was it bumped hard during transportation or storage?

It seems like to me that someone is taking a stab at Nikon and trying to promote BSA and Hi-lux to me.