HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sights, red dot or scope?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Timbrhuntr
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
With the tight patters of today's chokes and shells I would definitely recommend a scope or red dot... I like a scope...

I can see it now... I'm working a gobbler and I have my red dot sight on and 15 min goes by and gobbler pops up out there 30 yards and I put my gun up and my battery dies... Or I'm sitting there with my red dot off and a gobbler comes in silent and I'm busted tryin to turn on my red dot... I'll pass I like a scope

I used a scope for a number of years for the same reason I was concerned about anything that required a battery I even still carry a compass because a gps relies on its battery.Now the comments about scopes and red dots and batteries. If ya buy a good one like Burris the battery life is not an issue. I used my burris fastfire all last year on the same battery and hunted in 7 states and killed 11 toms. I also hunted the fall season on it. I decided to try the reflex because I wanted to keep both eyes open which you can't do with a scope. The nice thing about the reflex site is you can keep both eyes open and if you need a second shot at a fleeing bird it is way easier to get on it for that shot. I even used it on my gun for pheasant and it was great.