HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin's new xbow season for all hunters
Old 01-30-2014, 05:46 AM
Tyme2Hunt
Spike

I live in WI. I anticipate the only affect the new law will have is to increase the number of hunters very minimally. We are losing hunter numbers every year. That is not a good thing for us as hunters. Some of course, will be worried that another hunter will shoot an animal they could of had. Such is the nature of hunters, and perhaps more so with deer hunters. Having lived in WI most of my life, I witnessed the struggle to finally legalize non-resident trapping. Many of the trappers predicted our borders would be bombarded with out of state trappers. They espoused the view point that those out of state trappers would ignore all the laws and end trapping here forever. I knew then that those predictions would be wrong. Jealousy is a very bad thing for us as consumptive users of the outdoors. Be it bow hunter, gun hunter, dog hunter, trapper, there is room for us all. We must band together. Other hunters are not the enemy.