HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - group sizes
Thread: group sizes
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kansaswiderack
i didn't exam the lungs but when i got him back to camp is when i noticed what appeared to be a lack of bullet expansion. actually the first shot was a bad shot and broke a let @ 400 yds. he moved off up the mountain and laid down @ 480 yds and i was able to get a good rest and finish him. the first bullet @ that range i could tell hit him and the second one his head went down so we proceeded with the recovery. the outfitter i was hunting with indicated he has had issues with the copper bullets when his customers used them. he was addiment that you should never use them. just his opinion but he sees more elk shot each year than i will in my life time. i have had pretty good luck with my groups shooting nosler 210 partitions but i can't find them now. i would be more than happy to shoot those if i could find them. i did find some @ cheaper than dirt but they were a little different load with slower velocity. surely someone will have them again before next season.
All the more reason to roll your own, get the bullet you want and tweak it to shoot as good as your rifle will
RR