HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbow advice please.
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 04:18 PM
craig
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VTBoneCollector
I purchased a Barnett Vengeance and love it. It's a reverse limb bow, so that makes it quieter than the standard crossbows. If I remember correctly, they shoot at 350 feet per second. The only complaint that I have is the bolts fall out of the quiver way to easy but I'm going to look into buying a better one. I payed $700 for mine on ebay but maybe you could find one cheaper somewhere else
You will have a better balanced bow if you go to a hip quiver.

I much prefer the hip quiver myself. Couple reasons......

1) If you buy a fairly deep one, your bright fletching is mostly hidden from view, which I like. Yet easy to reach in with thumb & first finger grab a nock & good to go.

2) Attach a small flap and you cover the top of the quiver & are SURE none come out while doing what ever you need to do.

3) Not only better balanced like I mentioned above, but also lower total weight of bow. Scope, base & rings + carry sling add weight I can't avoid, but a quiver I can and do.

Mostly however I like the hip quiver for the better balance & lower weight of the bow. Once you shoot for a bit without that quiver's weight on there I doubt you'll wish to go back.

Crossbows ALL weigh more than do compound bows, but why make it worse than it must be?