HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbow advice please.
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:03 AM
craig
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bugflipper
A bit of a stretch, I don't really consider it that. It's clear that recurve limbs will give better accuracy. That's why every national title is held by them. It just so happens that excal is the major brand that makes non compounds. With accuracy it's one's prospective of how good it is. Lots of them being accurate at 50 is a blanket statement. Name some compounds that can ruin arrows at 50. In case you didn't get the meaning striking one arrow with another hitting the shaft with normal consistency.

That is going to be hard pressed to make a list with lots since arrows can overcome inconsistencies at close range yet cam timing, the biggest obstacle for a compound crossbow really starts rearing it's ugly head at the 30-35 yard line, depending on head, vane and spine of coarse. Sorry if that came off as argumentative. By the way which company do you work for?
Have a good day.
Only if the archer with the compound bow does not know how to tune it until spot on bug.

And you what a list?

Scorpyd brand bows that can and will do this:
Velocity
Ventilator
RDT 165
Telson 130

Darton's Viper SS Extreme does it also & that's the only Darton I have enough experience with to know.

Ten Point Sealth SS, and again this is the only one from this company I know enough about to KNOW, hardly means others they make won't do so.

In fact Cossack named several above that I've not used, or seen used enough to have a reasonable opinion of.

Clear Bug you've not shot enough different bows to realize just how good so many of today's bows are when firing spine matched arrows. I don't go out of my way to shoot a whole lot of different bows, mostly ones guys I know have........yet I can name you 6 bow modals from 3 different companies that'll do it.

I've also no doubts that there are a good number of others from other companies that will kill arrows @ 50 yds if that is what yanks yer chain.

As to Excals, you can't give me one. Period! !

WAY, way more noise than a car wreak when fired & way more jump than my bow. That new 380 is the loudest bow I've ever fired, or seen anyone else use as well. The Matrix bows are more compact, but also louder than the older ones I've shot.

And I don't work for any archery gear maker, now or ever. But your Xcal bias is VERY clear Bug.

Last edited by craig; 01-12-2014 at 11:16 AM.