HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio Muzzleloader Season
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Default Ohio Muzzleloader Season

The Temps I hunted in were probably the coldest I have ever hunted in. Saturday was nice but rain came in the evening. Then I believe the temps started to drop around midnight Saturday night. Sunday morning was very cold and stayed cold threw Tuesday when we left.

The Hunting was strange in my opinion. The Deer were not moving in the mornings. It seemed like all the action was the evenings for me. That was until Monday morning. At 9:30AM the wind chill was 27 below. And trust me it felt like it.

Right below my shack no more then 80 yards two bucks were standing nibbling on some branches. I dropped my right glove and pulled up my 45 Knight Super Disc to look at which buck I wanted to shoot and shot. Sorta reacted a little to fast but after walking up to it I'm glad I shot it. This buck knocked off its left side rack and had a big wound on its neck. It actually looked like it was fighting another buck.

It Was very cold and windy, I don't ever remember gutting a Deer in 27 below zero temps. It was actually a very slow task because I had so many layers of clothes on. We managed to get it done and take to a butcher. It was just to cold to quarter and try doing myself with no heat. Maybe I just didn't wanna freeze and was being lazy. Lol

My camera froze, couldn't get any good pictures.

Last edited by Grouse45; 01-10-2014 at 03:40 PM.