HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats it worth?
Thread: Whats it worth?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 AM
edwardCVAmason
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I've come across a pristine stainless mk-85 .50 cal barrel. No stock, trigger, bp, hammer, ramrod... its just the barrel. It does not appear to have been fired, but I can't be sure.

Curious what you guys think its worth? Or what would be a fair price for it? I don't really need it...but you know how that is.

Thanks
$85 was the going price back when GM was selling them to the public.

Since they are out of production its a crap shoot on pricing.

A blank from Green Mountain now days cost about $130. Any Green Mountain Barrel in Good shape should be worth about $85 to $100 bucks I would think. It would certainly bring a higher premium if it were .54 cal. .50 cal was much more conman. As Super Kirby suggested start with a low ball and see where that takes you.

I am pretty shocked at some of the reports that I hear of good ole boy deals on MK-85's. Peeps on boards are bragging that they are buying them used in the $150 to $200 range. I am sure not seeing them at that sort of price anywhere. Not that I am in the market for one but $250 to $300 seems to be more of the going rate based on Auctions and asking prices on most of the boards. Someone listed a New Never fired SS MK85 in .54 cal for $350 on MM the other day. That seems more like a going price to me. But then again I am not the buyer of such a item and not in the market for such so maybe I am not the target audience.

I kinda chuckle thinking back to all those snobs that got hung up on the firing pin vs plunger MZ debates back in the day. Its like they forgot how great the MK85 really shot regardless of the delayed lock time. Sometimes these boards just make you go HMMMMM

Good luck with your MK85 rehab.