HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to do for 2014?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:48 PM
10 ga
Spike

Location: Virginia, near the Rappahannock where fresh water turns salty

Super, I voted new inline, and make it a SML! You can use BH209 or even go back to holy black with the right gun if regs make that a necessity. AND I'd build (put together) my own. Track down the donor of choice, you already have an encore so go that way if ya want, then a barrel and the extras. If the Encore route then get a BullBerry barrel to your liking in 45-70 or a 50 and have Slufoot convert. Or go ahead ang get a Savage MLII for the Elk thing and put a 45 Pac on it later and you'll have a switchbarrel. Or get a Stevens CF and Hunter kit and a 50 takeoff from somebody with a Savage and build that. Lots of ways to go and "build" your own gun. I know you go to Dougs and there is a list of 30 different actions there that have had ML built on them. Just my $.02 10 ga

PS. I am also a believer in great classic MLs, there are so few. Lurk about and find a White Rifle or a Fort Worth in .504 and shoot black and big conicals. Super accurate and kill like lightning. You will never regret having one.