HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Done For The Year/Four For Four
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 06:10 PM
pluckit
Nontypical Buck

Default Done For The Year/Four For Four

Tomorrow is the last day of the late muzzleloader season here in Maryland and I won't be going out in the morning. The reason is I shot another doe this evening. I had four does come into the woods about 70 yards from my stand about 45 minutes before sunset. I put the cross hairs on one of them but decided not to shoot. A couple minutes later they all left and went back to where they came from. The wind was blowing straight from me to them so I figure at least one must have winded me. No big deal, I have plenty of venison and I was hoping for a nice buck anyway. Then, about 15 minutes later, a small doe appears to my right about 10 yards or so away. Sorry, but I couldn't stop myself this time. I had brought with me a Traditions Canyon .50 caliber inline loaded with 90 grains fff Goex under a 240 grain, .45 caliber Hornady XTP in a black Thompson Center Mag Express sabot. After the shot she went about 25 yards and expired. That makes four deer with four different rifles this year. A pretty good year if I do say so myself.

Last edited by pluckit; 01-04-2014 at 05:18 AM.