HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow case
Thread: Bow case
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

I'm kinda a cheap-a$$ when it comes to archery cases.

I use $20 Plano Protector Compact bow cases for my hunting bows (Cabelas has them for $50-60, I bought mine at local shops for $20-30). They seem to give as much protection as some of the more expensive cases out there (have one Pelican case that I cut for a bow, but it was BAD expensive). The Plano case has clips in the lid for arrows, and has enough clearance that I can flip my quiver over and it'll lay over the cable guard.

Another option with these simple Plano boxes:

Buy small flat fishing tackle boxes, like the Plano Stowaway boxes, and/or arrow boxes, and contact cement them (Weldwood Contact cement) or double sided foam tape them to the inside of the case. My brother in law used adhesive backed Velcro to hold his boxes in the case, so they're removable.

I wanted a spot to hold my release, bow wax, and field press in my case, so I laid my bow in the case, marked where the boxes would fit, cut the foam pad to let me inlet the box into the foam, and glued it to the bottom clamshell. I then took a dremel and ground out the top arrow clip tabs, and glued in a flip top Plano Compact Arrow Case to the top lid.

Adhesive backed felt, or archer's moleskin (riser shelf padding) can be used to pad the boxes from rattling.

With the Moleskin, Plano Bow Box, Plano Arrow box, and Plano Flat Tackle Boxes, I have about $75 into my cases, and they have secure and convenient storage for arrows, the bow, release, allen wrench, wax stick, and cable press, all custom fit to my individual bows.