HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It' s Done, my Elk season 2003
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 07:42 PM
ELKampMaster

Default RE: It' s Done, my Elk season 2003

BBJ,

Hooaah! There were some elk left in those woods after all!

Sleep deprived [X(] as you were, congratulations on being alert enough to pick up on their approach, get your buddies in on the act, and then perform at showtime! Just excellent -- what I call a " command performance!" You guys must operate pretty tight knit, for your partners to come out of a doze quietly, move, position, and shoot! Fast and furious! Must have been good for an adrenaline spike! A successful team effort and meat in the freezer -- it don' t get much better than that! Nothing wrong with a rag bull and a couple of cows to wrap up the late end of your 2003 Elk season! (Yum-Yum! I just had elk chili here tonight!)

I got my fingers crossed that you might have got some pictures of them (pix of your buddies sleeping while on stand would be a hoot, but might test the relationship a little). [>:]

BTW, 51 hours -- little to no sleep, rode in, got 3 elk, quartered, loaded, led the packed horses out on foot, got up next day went deer hunting, got 3 deer down and taken care of and now you sound kind of tired -- that' s what I call stepping up and PAYING THE PRICE -- A SUCCESSFUL ELK HUNT don' t come cheap (and I don' t mean money)! Again, congratulations!

Never Go Undergunned, Always Check The Sight In, Perform At Show Time (Oh Yeah!),
EKM