HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to do for 2014?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 06:16 AM
SuperKirby
Nontypical Buck

Default What to do for 2014?

New year, new hunting season. Time to start planning for a new season.
This last hunting season I borrowed my old barrel for my Pro Hunter frame from my father in law to hunt with. He wants it back and now I'm figuring out what my hunting plans will be this year. I really hope to focus more on the hunt, not just what I'm hunting with. I've been working a ton of hours this fall and winter and hoping to make a "big" purchase this spring. Problem is I'm torn on what route to go.
Incidentally I have an Elk hunt planned for 2015 with my Dad, so whatever route I go is going with me on that hunt.

1) Smokelesss barrel on the Encore frame - had one of these before, sold it for medical bills. I can honestly say I didn't enjoy shooting it quite as much, but did get to shoot it more often because it didn't have to be cleaned.

2) Build a kit. Something from TOW or Pecatonica. Something I've wanted to do for awhile but honestly don't know if I have that much skill or not.

3) Some sort of inline. My only interest at the moment would be an Ultra Lite, but nowhere around has one I can shoulder. The last muzzleloader I bought without shouldering first didn't quite fit me and I was real disappointed.

4) I have a Contender with .45 barrel. I like the size of it but haven't hunted with it. Maybe just use this?

5) Put down my muzzleloaders for a couple years and buy a bow and required accessories.

Last edited by SuperKirby; 01-02-2014 at 06:26 AM.