HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Chew Proof retrieval toy?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:45 AM
skiftcky
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I do use them as a toy because my dogs are not trained to hunt waterfowl. I take my dogs to the lake quite often and just play fetch with them in the water. I had the intentions of training our chocolate lab pup when he got him, but I never did. he just turned three. I don't have anywhere to hunt waterfowl and don't really know anybody to help me get into the sport.
Sorry you don't have anywhere to hunt and no one to show you... Where do you live if you don't mind me asking.
Also about your retriever toy, I picked up a dokken duck trainer for my dog. It's very affordable, it's durable foam, even if they chew at it some they will not sink, I've had mine for over three years now. one for the yard and one for serious work. They are also injectable (for scents) Also, if you want to break your dog from chewing the blanks get in the water with him/her about up to your waist, just enough to where they can't touch bottom and have them bring that blank right to you. They will not have time to chew on it and they learn that it must come back to you at all times. It won't happen over night but my girl was a bit of a chewer at first and this trick broke her of it. Now, if I could get her to stop licking the blood and feathers off the downed ducks we bring into the blind it would be nice.