HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - dakota decoys pintail decoys leaking
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Capt. Ken Dempsey
Spike

Default dakota decoys pintail decoys leaking

I am a commercial hunting guide in NC and hunt everyday of the waterfowl season. We own thousands of decoys of all kinds. Recently purchased some of dakota decoys pintail floaters and the drakes all leak. Called the company and was informed that if left out for a period of time they will leak. The hens do not leak. For a commercial guide leaking decoys are not a viable option. Company did not offer to replace them buy informed me that I could drill holes in the tails to drain them as needed. Expensive brand new decoys should not leak. In my opinion dakota has a problem with their plastic intrusion process because the hens which have a different head position don't leak. Spoke with the owner of the company whom is a real nice guy and he was very honest with me in telling me that they do leak but this is unacceptable in my business. G and H still makes the best pintail on the market today. Yea they are expensive but they are worth it and they don't leak. Hope this helps with your future decoy purchases and wish all of you good hunting. Capt. Ken Dempsey