HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

To the OP---Hope you have learned that one error by mistagging that first buck actually caused you to be in violation of taking two bucks, which is not allowed unless you're in a managed area. I now see that, due to some computer problems I'm having with this dang website again, that I missed a post of yours stating that you had a buck permit that allows the taking of a doe, so it's actually an "either sex" permit, and that's why you shot it. Therefore, I'm a little more understanding of your first "mistake" not seeing the spike, but not that you didn't know your own state's hunting laws. I'll forgive you, LOL, if you'll forgive me for the tone I had. It's just that I've hunted for 60 years and don't want to see anything, regardless of whether it's a mistake or intentional, take our sport down because we're having a hard enough time as it is with the antis, huggers, etc. Happy Holidays to you and all the other members and I apologize for coming down so hard, but if it made you think about the ramifications of your actions, then it may have been worth it!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-27-2013 at 09:41 AM.