HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 09:05 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Flags...3inchs is not the cut off,less than 3 inches is the cut off.the op should read what top just said and think about it.
I just looked at the MO regulations. This is what it says:

Antlered Deer - A deer with at least one antler a minimum of 3 inches long, except that special restrictions apply in 63 counties.

Antlered deer limit- Each hunter may take only one antlered deer during the firearms deer season. This includes all portions, including the two youth portions. If you want to take additional antlered deer, you must hunt on an archer’s hunting permit during the archery deer season or in a managed hunt where antlered deer can be taken.

http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/r...er-regulations

So, if the antler in question is exactly 3 inches long (as the OP has claimed several times) it has to be tagged as a buck. If it is 2 7/8ths then it is a doe. If it was 3 inches then he is over the legal limit by exactly 1 buck since both were taken with firearms and no mention has been made of a special managed hunt. Notice the regulations say special restrictions apply in 63 counties so I'm thinking those counties would be even more restricted in the definition of a legal buck than the general regulations allow. Since I don't know what county these bucks were taken in, I can't say for sure what if any special restrictions may apply.

Last edited by flags; 12-25-2013 at 09:13 AM.