HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 07:34 AM
skinnnner
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Skinnner---I call BS on that one as I just looked up the MO Deer Regulations and there is no such thing as an "either sex" deer tag. One antlered buck is all they can kill during their firearms season unless they are hunting in one of what they call their "managed areas" and he wasn't. An antlered deer in MO is: "a deer with at least one antler a minimum of 3" long". Therefore, it would appear the OP has violated the law by taking two bucks with a 3" or longer antler with a firearm because he wasn't in a managed area where they were shot and one, the 3" first buck, was tagged with a doe tag. If I were the OP after making the statements on this website that he has, I would go turn myself in to the nearest DNR Office and hope they let him off with a warning or small fine. To do otherwise is risking a lot owrse if he is turned in by soemone readin this thread or if an Officer reads it. The latter is very possible because more and more arrests for poaching are being made that way. I'm aware of one myself out in WY near where I and the kid is in prison for multiple poaching incidents that put them into felony status. He was caught when he posted one of the illegal bucks on the internet saying where it was killed and several people that knew the buck actually lived 30 miles from there in a closed unit called the G&F. An investigation on that deer by the G&F led to other big deer being found and he got what he deserved.

Yes this would indeed change everything if the three inch buck is legaly considered a buck!this reminds me of bullcamp saying the other day about people these days wanting to video themselves or post things on a forum or facebook for all the world to see.Is there anything the op wishes to add?