HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Skinnner---I think I will have to call BS on that last post of his, as I did not see any mention of such a tag when I looked up the MO Deer Regulations. The Regulation states that one antlered buck is all they can kill during their firearms season unless they are hunting in one of what they call their "managed areas" and he wasn't. An antlered deer in MO is: "a deer with at least one antler a minimum of 3" long". Therefore, it would appear the OP has possibly violated the law by taking two bucks with a 3" or longer antler with a firearm because he wasn't in a managed area where they were shot and one, the 3" first buck, was tagged with a doe tag. If I'm correct and was the OP after making the statements on this website that he has, I would go turn myself in to the nearest DNR Office and hope they let him off with a warning or small fine. To do otherwise is risking a lot worse if he is turned in by someone reading this thread or if an Officer reads it. The latter is very possible because more and more arrests for poaching are being made that waywith some Officers actually assigned to watch the internet for suspicious stuff. I'm aware of one myself out in WY near where I hunt and the kid is in prison for multiple poaching incidents that put them into felony status. He was caught when he posted one of the illegal bucks on the internet saying where it was killed and several people that knew the buck actually lived 30 miles from there in a closed unit called the G&F. An investigation on that deer by the G&F led to other big deer being found and he got what he deserved. If I'm incorrect on this case I offer my apology, but that's what I read in the MO Regulations.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-25-2013 at 07:38 AM.