HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 08:37 PM
buckman11
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
So consider it an insult, but the truth has now come out that you violated the law and didn't contact the DNR to tell them of the mistake you made on one of them! I smelled a rat as soon as I read your post and saw you were from MO and pretty well thought they had a one buck rule. If you're such an ethical hunter you shouldn't have shot an animal that early in the morning at that distance if you didn't have an either sex tag---no ifs, ands, or butts. Then to not turn yourself in like the law requires when you make a mistake like that just compounds your problem and doesn't speak very highly of your ethics. Not only that, but you have now come on the internet and posed a question concerning what I thought might be illegal activities and then admitted you have committed a serious game law violation---not too smart there pardner!!!
all im trying to say is that in Missouri we are issued a doe tag and a buck tag. in Missouri you can use a doe tag on a doe, a button buck, or a buck that has a spike of three inches. I legally killed and tagged the first buck because it had a spike of three inches. as for the second buck there is no excuse. I made a mistake. I thought I was legal. I had no clue it was a buck. it was in a ground with two other does. it was not rutting so its body frame looked like a doe. I saw what I thought were three does in the field. and I shot the biggest one.