HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tule Elk
Thread: Tule Elk
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 07:22 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mac266
^^ I don't think you read or fully understood my post.

1- It's an Army RESERVE station.

2- It was my "home-away-from-home."

3- They only allowed permanent party to hunt every day of the season. Non-permanent party could only hunt weekends, and thus:

4- Not worth the drive from Colorado.

Ergo I was not stationed there and could not claim California as a second state of residence. By the way, don't do that on your taxes.
I read it, but just because it is a reserve station does not mean there are not active duty there. Every base has an active duty element even if it is a reserve base. I misunderstood the "home-away-from-home" part because I've used the phrase to define duty stations. I only recognize one home and that is CO so I took this to be a duty station. Besides, that doesn't detract from the point I was trying to make which is Tule Elk permits are always hard to get no matter where the herds are found, even on a military base.

As to taxes, don't worry. I've been on active duty for 25 years. CO has a system for earnings that were earned outside the borders of CO by military personnel. They have a special form to fill out. I do not legally have to pay any taxes to CO that were earned outside the state. Like I said, I've been in for 25 years. This isn't something new.